Thursday, February 7, 2013

Better than Weight Watchers

I have just begun logging my diet over at FitDay.com.

What is FitDay?  It is a type of food diary, much like the Weight Watchers system. 

How does it work?  You begin by completing your profile which establishes your beginning weight, your height, age, activity level, and weight goal.  Then you start the process by entering your food for the day, your activity, mood levels, weight (if any changes), and body measurements.

Having previously been a member of Weight Watchers (which helped me lose 15 lbs of baby weight in 2 months), I can attest that FitDay is very similar to the WW online program.  Of course, there are some differences.

FitDay.com

Pros:
  • User-friendly
  • Does all caloric calculations for you
  • Includes diary to record thoughts/feelings for the day
  • Includes nifty mood log
  • Has very large library of food items to choose from with information including calories and nutritional information (the only thing so far I couldn't find was kombucha... but that's okay)
  • Includes handy charts and graphs showing your progress
  • You can tailor your diet to your personal preferences (unlike WW, which heavily influences some foods and not others)
  • No points! (Wooooohoooo!)
  • Oh yeah, it's FREE!
Cons:
  • Website can be slow
  • Not as high-tech as WW
  • No "recipe builder" like WW (must log individual ingredients unless meal is in library)
Obviously, you get more when you pay for a service such as WW.  However, for being absolutely FREE, I really enjoy FitDay!  Once I logged my meals, I had an eye-opening experience seeing my calories and which were coming from carbs, protein, fat, etc.

I encourage you to check it out!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

looks like a great place to get fit ... and stay healthy. Hubby and I have a weight loss challenge going on right now.

Delighted to meet you. I hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you a bit more. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some goodness.

I'm also on the hunt for ideas to splatter some joy into our summer. I would love to hear your ideas. Come splash with us!

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/07/splatter-it-up.html

Splashin,
Sarah